History and tradition since the end of the 19th century
The History of the Hotel Bonapace in Madonna di Campiglio...
from the end of the 19th century to today
Our hotel adventure began when our great-Grandfather, Antonio Bonapace, manager of the post office in Madonna di Campiglio, decided to build an Inn. At that time tourism was only in the Summer and there were only a few lodgings in the village. An important thing happened at the end of the eighteenth century: the first road was built that united Pinzolo and Madonna di Campiglio.
In this, Antonio saw an opportunity to create a wine and beer trade for passers-by. Travellers could shelter their horses in the small stable inside the same building whilst taking a break to refresh their throat and spirit. As time went by, the new businessman was nicknamed “bozet”, or ‘bottle’ in the local Pinzolo dialect, indicating his occupation as a landlord. So before 1926, his son Adolfo decided to enlarge the inn and make it become the “house for tourists” Bonapace, a small pension capable of hosting tourists even for the night.
On a poster that advertised the guesthouse, one could have read “a dust-free hotel”, which was then considered a good reason for boasting for those who wanted to offer hospitality. Since then, the activity has been handed down from father to son, and today the hotel is still run by our family.